This month we are celebrating our third year of shipments at Arista Networks growing from 0 to 1000 customers in record time. We have outpaced the industry with breakthrough 10/40 Gigabit switching products in the Arista 7000 family - including the new 7050 series for dense virtualization and big data applications, the award winning ultra low latency 7100 series at sub 500 nanoseconds and the flagship 7500 series chassis with 384 non-blocking 10 GbE ports in only 11 RU.
As I reflect on the past three years, there are many milestones to celebrate. We have witnessed a perfect storm of hardware, software and customer disruptions that has transformed the traditional enterprise switching market. New architectures for scalable cloud networking are beginning to predominate. Arista has changed the rules, moving away from the proprietary ASICs and monolithic software of the past, and implementing state of the art solutions with merchant silicon and modern, purpose-built, extensible, open, and resilient software.
To quote Jon Oltsik of Enterprise Strategy Group, “Arista is one of the only companies that understands the role of the network in high performance data centers, Big Data, server virtualization and cloud computing. Simply stated, Arista is delivering leading performance and software functionality to drive its industry and customers forward.”
Many game changers @ Arista:
Indeed, we’ve witnessed a sea of changes in the networking industry. Let’s review a few spearheaded by Arista which have changed the status quo.
- Arista has now deployed the 7000 family at 1,000+ customers worldwide aggregating 100,000+ Terabits per second of cloud capacity!
- Arista Cloud Networking has been adopted widely using the two- tier leaf/spine cloud network architecture to scale from 100 to 10,000 nodes and multi-terabits of cloud capacity. This rapid migration from traditional networks has occurred faster than even we could have predicted.
- Arista has garnered several awards from the industry’s most prestigious organizations - notably Network World Clear Choice Award, Best of Show Grand Prize at Interop 2010 and Best of VMworld 2011.
- The award winning Arista 7500 series delivers an unprecedented scale in chassis metrics with five times the density and capacity at one-tenth the power in half the footprint – something never seen before.
- Arista’s Extensible Operating System (EOS) is the industry’s only open and resilient software purpose-built for cloud and datacenter applications and embraced by many third party application and IT developers (see newly launched site EOS Central). EOS is becoming the foundation for Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Arista has pioneered several cloud and operational innovations such as ZTP (Zero Touch Provisioning), LANZ (Latency Analyzer) for application performance, VM Tracer/VXLAN for network-wide virtualization and CloudVision™ for a single-pane view of the network.
- Arista continues to forge key partnerships with system vendors to make a viable eco-system possible - most notably Citrix, EMC, Fusion-io, Intel, Microsoft, Riverbed, Tibco, VMware and many key emerging cloud and big data players.
CIOs need cloud migration strategy:
While the traditional enterprise market continues to focus on consolidation and systems integration, Arista is setting the agenda for cloud networking. Our customers look to us for guaranteed high performance and low latency transactions which are scalable, extensible and resilient for their data centers and clouds. Our company has delivered this advantage to key verticals from financial services to Web 2.0 companies, as well as in storage/big data and cloud computing environments.
Thank you Arista customers and well wishers!
As I have been travelling the world, meeting customers, CIOs and analysts, I am struck by Arista’s momentum amidst well-established players. Our customers have voted and validated us with their acceptance and deployments! They are demanding better alternatives to build the modern networks of tomorrow. At Arista, we are constantly driven by our customer’s insatiable appetite for innovation and I thank you deeply for your support. Welcome to the New World of Cloud Networking. As always I welcome your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.